Thursday, February 28, 2008
Comodo lawan Topi merah .......
Aneh kan comodo lawan topi merah ... siapa bilang itu hewan , benda atau apapun yang beresiko hingga menjurus pertandingan kematian ... bagiku itu sebuah kecanggihan teknologi ...
aku pernah bekerja di sebuah warnet di kawasan depok , sebagai admin suka oprek2x .. yah namanya juga belajar dimana kapanpun ... disitu ada os disitu kita mencoba ..
hal yang menarik pernah cobain redhat .. akhirnya kebobol sama orang :D lain install lagi ehh kebobol lagi .. emang banyak banget bug nya tuh dah gitu neh redhat kenapa lemot ya ... , padahal spesifikasinya sbb :
hardisk 20 GB
monitor 14 inch
kebayangkan kalo minim banget , uhhh untungnya ada orang isp kasih tau pake aja tuh trustix , kebanyakan orang trustix merdeka , beda ini trustix secure linux , coba install squid , firewall , openvpn and stabil ...
jalan dan jalan cool ... commandnya upgrade sederhana banget ... swup --upgrade
sampai saat ini akhirnya selama pake ini puas banget ... dan stabil ...
untuk download bisa di www.trustix.org , yah ini sebagai perbandingan jika pentium 3 sebaiknya pakai trustix versi 2.2 ....
neh comparenya antara comodo lawan topi merah
Trustix™ vs RedHat
Why Trustix™ Secure Linux better addresses the needs of corporate servers
Both Trustix™ and Red Hat offer distributions that are aimed at the enterprise server market. In this document we shall explain why Trustix™ Secure Linux is better equipped to meet the needs of mission critical server deployments.
Security vs. Software Proliferation
The packages in Trustix™ Secure Linux have been carefully picked based on their security history and design. When several packages can provide the same functionality, we always select the one with the best security.
For example- Red Hat ships with both the notoriously insecure Sendmail MTA, and the more secure Postfix MTA. Trustix Secure Linux has only the SSL/TLS enabled postfix included- decreasing the chance that an administrator will install an insecure package.
Red Hat are proud of this proliferation and actually add packages as you move up through their operating system hierarchy. This means that the server version has more running services and applications than the workstation version. (Indeed, Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES/AS is designed to run on workstations as well as servers!!!)
More packages means:-
* More potential security holes
* More server configuration
* More dependency issues
* More drain on system resources
* Less efficient server performance
This is contradictory to the philosophy and mission of Trustix™ Secure Linux. By streamlining the distribution to include only the most secure server essential Linux packages we deliver the most efficient, stable and secure Linux distribution available. Your new server is stable enough to run for years with minimal administrative intervention- allowing your business to benefit from lower TCO from day one.
Trustix™ Secure Linux is for servers and servers only.
Trustix has SWUP™, Red Hat has The Red Hat Network Update Module. SWUP™ is the more versatile and cost effective option when you need to upgrade your installation.
* SWUP™ enables administrators to secure update installations of Trustix™ Secure Linux from any media (CD, Mirror Servers, FTP, Web Server etc) using GPG signature verification- free of charge. Red Hat offers the same functionality via their Proxy and Satellite Architecture Models. Unfortunately, these options require the $2500 purchase of Red Hat Enterprise AS Premium. The Satellite model is even more expensive- demanding a separate server to run an Oracle Database. This is on top of the $2500 cost of Red Hat Premium AS- and you still need to license the Oracle server separately!! SWUP™ enables you to update your installations across networks using remote media such as internal FTP, CD, LAN Servers, Proxy Servers- securely and completely free of charge when you buy Trustix™ Secure Linux. (SWUP functionality is free during the period of subscription to one of the Trustix™ Secure Linux packages)
* SWUP™ can, due to the verification of GPG signatures, use any mirror site securely. Red Hat's up2date depends on the RH distribution servers. This means that Red Hat users rely solely on the availability of the official Red Hat servers. SWUP™ is able to check the integrity of the update package so you can upgrade your installation from a wide range of Trustix™ mirror servers, your own local mirror or any Trustix™ controlled server. By using mirrors as well as its own servers, Trustix™ removes the single point of failure that would occur should the Red Hat servers fail.
* SWUP™ maintains the privacy of the users by creating the list of packages to update locally. Red Hat's updates transfers a lot of information to the update servers (including, but not limited to: your current hardware configuration and a list of all software installed). This information is stored on these servers. The arrangement is documented in their End User License Agreement.
Secure Default Installation
Trustix™ Secure Linux ships with only essential, server specific packages and no remote services running. There is simply no way anyone can break into a Trustix™ Secure Linux, out of the box, default configuration. Red Hat ships with a lot more packages with no real consistency, some services enabled, some not. Red Hat has no defined policy about the default status of installed services, and it's up to the user to decide if a running service is a security threat. This means that a default installation of Trustix is much less vulnerable to attacks than the default installation of Red Hat.
Secure Default Configuration
Trustix™ provide secure defaults for its services, Red Hat does not. Trustix™ Secure Linux ships with updated installation media, saving administrators from having to immediately update the installation- the latest security and bugfix updates are installed from the installation CD. Typically, when you install a new machine, there is a window where potentially critical updates have not yet been installed. With Trustix™ Secure Linux, there is no such window, because your system preinstalled with the latest updates.
Red Hat, on the other hand, leaves this window wide open. There will be a number of services running but the daemons providing you these services are not up to date and may contain security issues. Red Hat makes you download additional 400MB just to secure the software you just installed. In contrast, Trustix™ Secure Linux represents immediate security and functionality out of the box.
nggak ngerti artinya pusing gampang neh link buat translate tuh english ..
neh dapet dari blog, isengiseng mungkin berguna kali aja pada liburan ke luar negri
ini link downloadnya :
Ini link terbarunya
Ini yang versi portable
makasih buat : warnet mynet depok buat pencerahan ....
temen-temen op warnet mynet
mas isp yang kasih tau saya ( lupa namanya )...
dan semua temen-temen boc ...